Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome to Paradise

This is the first blog from Paradise. Today you are with us at Paradise. Thanks for checking in.
We will use this space to tell you about the great things going on at the east side of Smithville Lake. (Did we say we are in Missouri?)

My name is Larry Linville. I am co-pastor at Paradise United Methodist Church. I have the privilege of working with Arlin Renfrow. Both of us are retired but are having a blast working with this congregation.

We will use this blog:
to let you know what is happening and what is going to happen.
to list upcoming sermons
report on events that have happened
and anything else that comes along.

I am getting ready to go to a prayer group so I have to stop now. I will come back and work on the profile and try to keep this blog up to date.


"Goodness is the only investment that never fails." --Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

TRoe said...

Thanks Pastor Larry!
I love it!
I read the text for Sunday- I like the message translation that says "and you'll realize that I am God, your God.'" (your being italics).
See you this evening at the BBq

Lisa said...

Thank you, Pastor Larry, for cranking up this blog! It looks fantastic and I wonder how do you have time to do all the things that you do?

Larry Linville said...

Thanks, Lisa. I'm happy to take the time to help the church this way. How do I find the time?.....you know preachers only work one day a week. :)

Larry