Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Child's Christmas Prayer

Pastor Larry wrote this poem for the Christmas Eve service and we share it now with you.

A Child’s Christmas Prayer
By Larry Linville

Dear Jesus,
I’m just a little kid.
I’m not so old you know
but I just keep wonderin’
how your star has such a glow.
You could have stayed in heaven
but you came down to this earth
and made the greatest sacrifice
though I have no special worth.

When you had a birthday party
each and every year
did you know I’d celebrate it
as I sing Christmas songs right here?
Did you get many presents
besides frankincense and gold
and did you have a happy toy
you could just sit and hold?

I wish I could have been there
with shepherds and their sheep
to look upon your sweet face
as you laid there fast asleep.
But since I could not be there
I just ask and pray
that you will be here with me
on this special Christmas Day!
Amen

© Copyright 2008 Larry Linville (UN: larrylinville at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Larry Linville has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.

No comments: