Friday, January 9, 2009

Ready For Sunday?

A friend asked why our blog hadn't been changed and I said we changed it several times this week. I looked and we had an entry on Sunday and another on Monday. Nothing since then.

The activities for Jan. 11th are included on Monday so there wasn't much more to add. All we can do is ask if you are prepared to be in Sunday School and Worship on Sunday? The sermon is nearly ready. Hopefully, you've read the scriptures and invited someone to come with you. The weather is supposed to be bad on Saturday but turn nice for Sunday.

I guess there is a lesson here. I thought I had entered several entries but I had not. Sometimes we think we have done the things for God that we need to do but we really haven't. We need to constantly check on our progress.

On Sunday we'll have the opportunity to review the vows we took when we joined the church and check on our progress. Seems like it will be worthwhile. See you Sunday.

Pastor Larry

3 comments:

TRoe said...

I have committed to doing memory work via Beth Moore's web site - memorize 2 scriptures each month for the year. I am excited as this is something I am not very good at. So that is a new vow I've made.

Larry Linville said...

I commend you for this attempt.

TRoe said...

Hopefully, thru the accountablilty of the blog, where we are to post what scripture we are learning on the 1st and fifteen each month, I will be able to do this thru the entire year.