Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Unfree Dr Pepper

I didn't get my coupon for the free Dr Pepper because the internet was not working.
Now I guess I'm not a Pepper.

I don't drink a lot of pop. (my kids went to college and learned to call it "soda")
I have it once in a while but I mostly drink a couple of cups of coffee and lots of water.
But I do like a Diet Dr Pepper once in a while. (And I never ran for vice president).

I received the news that Dr Pepper was given a coupon for a free soft drink
if I logged in to their site on Sunday.
Well, that was not true .
I tried several times during the day and I could not get through.
I watched the evening news and the local TV station was not able.
I logged in again about 11 pm when everyone else should have been in bed.
No Luck!
On Monday morning I check in and was excited because they had extended the offer
until 5 pm (my time) that evening.
Again, no luck!

After 5 pm I checked in again and they didn't extend the offer
even though I still couldn't get registered.
I don't know if I can drink their product again in good faith.

Then I began to think as a preacher.
Sometimes I do that well.
I am thankful that God's grace is not that difficult to receive.
Sometimes our churches seem to make it that hard but God doesn't.
I'm so thankful God doesn't take advice from Dr Pepper!

Pastor Larry

No comments: