Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Preparing for Sunday

Have you ever needed something and you didn't have it because you had not been prepared? Have you opened your suitcase and saw that you forgot some important article of clothing? How would you feel if you were a bridesmaid waiting for the bridegroom to arrive and it became so late that you fell asleep? When they woke you up you didn't have batteries for your flashlight (or oil for your lamp)? Well, this is what we are going to deal with on Sunday.

The scripture is Matthew 25:1-13. You may wish to read this several times between now and Sunday. The sermon will be: "We Need More Lerts -- So Be A Lert."

This would be a good week to invite someone to attend with you. They will be blessed and so will you.

1 comment:

TRoe said...

Ask Marty about my packing ability. We went for a while and every trip, I would leave out important things - usually socks or deodorant - not for me, but for him! His brother gave me a tip- he always gets new socks when he gets ready for a trip. Marty does too now! I now leave my own things out -