Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lenten Devotional reading

I Heard the Stones Cry Out
By Larry Linville

When Jesus rode that donkey into town
I found a big stone and then I sat down.
Leaders told Jesus to make them be still
an act he wasn’t about to fulfill.
As he looked and saw so many folks shout
He said, “If they stop, the stones will cry out.”

On that Friday on Golgotha I stood
and wondered aloud “how can this be good?”
When he took his last breath all noise quit
I went to a rock -- I just had to sit
and I thought I heard -- but sometimes I must doubt --
that there were some stones that just had to shout.

© Copyright 2008 Larry Linville (UN: larrylinville at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Larry Linville has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.

No comments: