Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lenten Devotional reading

A Special Meal
By Larry Linville

My life was in shambles
collapsing
falling apart.
In desperation
I climbed a tall hill
and sat under a big tree
far away from the cruel world
awaiting the enlightenment
of the rays from the rising sun.
As I tried once more
to pray to God
another man joined me
in that remote place.
With much on his mind
he listened to me
and placed his own problems aside.
Soon my heavy load
left me floating in ecstasy.
A few days later
with Passover near
I saw him alone again.
In gratitude I offered him a gift
and he graciously accepted.
He told his followers
how to meet me
and I led them to a special room
where I catered his Last Supper.

© Copyright 2008 Larry Linville (UN: larrylinville at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Larry Linville has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work

No comments: